Loading Transaction Data
You create an InfoPackage and execute it in order to load the sales data from the file in the entry layer of the BI system into the Persistent Staging Area (PSA). You create a data transfer process and execute it in order to load the sales data from the PSA into the InfoCube Sales Overview. The defined transformation is executed at this time.
1. Go to the Data Warehousing Workbench; in the Modeling area choose InfoProvider.
The transformation and the DataSource are displayed in the InfoArea below the InfoCube Sales Overview.
2. In the context menu of the DataSource, choose Create InfoPackage...
3. On the next screen, enter a description for the InfoPackage and choose Save.
The InfoPackage maintenance screen for the scheduler appears.
4. Go to the tab page Schedule and choose Start.
5. To check the load process, choose Monitor in the toolbar of InfoPackage maintenance.
6. On the next screen, select the date and choose Execute.
The monitor for the load process is displayed.
7. Select the load process for your DataSource from the tree at the left of the screen.
If you cannot find the load process, change the tree with Configure Tree so that the DataSource and the data are displayed below the status. The load process (request) is displayed below the date.
You can display the status of the individual process steps during the load process on tab page Details.
8. Exit the InfoPackage maintenance screen.
9. From the context menu of the DataSource, choose Create Data Transfer Process....
The system displays a generated description, the type, source and target of the data transfer process.
10. Choose Continue.
11. The data transfer process maintenance screen appears.
12. Go to tab page Extraction and select extraction mode Full.
13. Activate the data transfer process.
14. Go to tab page Execute and choose Execute.
15. Confirm the next dialog box.
The data transfer process monitor appears.
The monitor displays the status of the load process. You can display the status of the individual process steps during the load process on tab page Details. If the status is yellow, refresh the status display for the load process with Refresh Request.
You successfully loaded the sales data into InfoCube Sales Overview. The data is now available for the analysis.
Continue with ...
The following content is not part of SAP product documentation. For more information, see the following disclaimer .