In this scenario, order processing in a standard Engineer-to-Order (ETO) environment is shown. SAP Project System is used to control the whole procedure, from
the SD requirement to planning, purchasing, production, and delivery. At the start of the scenario, the SD quotation already exists in the system and has been linked to a rough project structure (These steps are performed in the scenario 232 – Engineer-to-Order (ETO)- Quotation
SAP Project-Oriented Procurement (ProMan) is used as an advanced tool to control the planning/purchasing
steps in the order procedure.
The scenario includes the following process steps:
- Sales order creation with reference to an existing quotation. The requested delivery date has to be met, as now the order possibility is considered as 100 percent.
The Order WBS element of the relevant project has to be assigned to the SD order item.
- Fine–tuning and re-scheduling of the original project and release of WBS element which controls the SD activities.
- Advanced procurement using ProMan is to control the procurement of the long lead–time product.
- Transferral of the project milestones to the SD order item to create an SD billing plan. The down payment is received on the SD side and later settled to related account.
- Execution and confirmation of R&D activities and receipt of the 1st advance payment.
- Receipt and confirmation of the long lead–time component.
- Material requirements planning (MRP) with ProMan to generate planned orders for the required components across the whole BOM.
- Sub–assembly and production order confirmation for semi–finished goods
- 2nd advance payment.
- Delivery of the components out of the project. The final assembly is realized at customer-site.
- Final payment and settlement after the customer has checked the delivery and tested the installed machine for a certain period.
- Analysis of both the cost and the revenue of the project by means of related CO reports .
- Project structuring/execution via project system to control the collaboration between the different departments involved.
- Milestone billing to control the progressive payment procedure and track the status of the project.
- ProMAN to control and monitor the manufacturing/procurement procedures centrally.
- Delivery of the semi-finished goods via the project.
- Handling of the final assembly on customer-site using network activity in the project.