The building block Capable-to-Match Planning (CTM) provides
the configuration you need to set up an advanced supply chain management function in
SAP APO. CTM enables you to conduct multilevel supply planning by matching existing
demand with available supplies. CTM is an order-based planning method. The result is a
feasible supply plan to complement the unconstrained demand plan.
This building block comprises the following Capable-to-Match functions:
- Demand priority definition
- Supply category definition
- Rules-based Capable-to-Match
- CTM run
- Supply distribution
- Analysis of CTM planning result
- Rules-based planning. A rules-based method with extensive
prioritization capabilities allows planning production resources across different
sites while taking existing resource loads into account
- Traceable planning. CTM is an order-based planning method that
uses pegging to track orders down to the individual demand level.
- Constraint-based planning. CTM considers production resources
as global and finite, it uses constraint-based heuristics to conduct cross-plant
checks of production capacities and transportation capabilities based on predefined
supply categories and demand priorities.
- Performance optimized planning. CTM
considers many constraints, generates an optimized planning result with
a good performance.