You use this process within your sales and service organizations to process customer complaints. A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction that a customer makes in relation to a service, product, or a billing document (due to an underdelivery, for example).
The process begins when you receive a complaint relating to a service or product.
1. Create complaint (SAP CRM)
You create a complaint:
○ Without reference to a transaction, or
○ With reference to an existing transaction, such as:
■ Sales order
■ Service order
■ CRM billing document
■ Product service letter
This means that the system offers you the items contained in the preceding transaction so that you can decide which items you want to copy into the complaint.
○ With reference to more than one CRM invoice (but only within mass-object controlling)
2. Maintain reference object or serial number information (SAP CRM)
You create a reference object at item level for the product or service about which the complaint was made. Reference objects can be products, installed bases with their components, objects, or serial numbers.
You enter either an installed base component, an object, or a product with the corresponding serial number. Depending on the settings for serial number validation in the product master, the system validates the serial number that you entered and determines the corresponding object.
3. Maintain items
If you created the item with reference to a preceding item, the product is copied from that item. If you created the transaction without reference to a preceding transaction, create the product. Enter the complaint quantity in the item.
Then enter other necessary information, such as the problem description, which you can enter in the notes.
4. Categorize issues (SAP CRM)
You use the predefined values in categorization to enter information such as the reason for the complaint. This information is then available to be used in analyses in SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence (BI).
5. System determines valid warranty and service contract (SAP CRM)
The system performs an automatic warranty check.
If a warranty is determined, this is apparent from the assigned warranty product and the accounting indicator. The accounting indicator influences pricing.
The relevant services and service parts and their related discounts are defined in the warranty. The internal recipients to whom the incurred costs should be charged are also defined in the warranty.
The system determines the existing service contract for the business partner for each complaint item.
6. System or investigator approves item and displays approved quantity (SAP CRM)
The item is approved either by the automatic execution of business rules or by an agent in an investigation.
In response to the complaint, you trigger one or more of the following actions for each complaint item:
7. Create returns request (SAP CRM)
You create a subitem with category Return for the main complaint item.
8. Create substitute delivery
You create a subitem with category Substitute Delivery for the main complaint item.
9. Create quality notification in SAP ECC (SAP CRM)
You use an action to trigger creation of a quality notification for a complaint or complaint item in the assigned SAP ERP Central Component (SAP ECC) system, to introduce corrective actions to improve product quality.
10. Create credit memo request (SAP CRM)
You generate a credit memo request to create a credit memo for a customer within the context of a complaint.
You can also create a debit memo request to calculate additional customer charges within the context of a substitute delivery (for example, for a replacement product with a higher value than the original product).
The credit memo request/debit memo request appears in the billing due list in CRM billing. Generate the billing documents based on this billing due list.
11. Release and save complaint (SAP CRM)
You release the complaint and then save it.
12. System replicates return item (SAP ECC)
After saving the complaint in SAP CRM, the returns item is replicated to SAP ERP Central Component (SAP ECC) for the purpose of logistics processing. Depending on the indicator inActivate System Configuration for Service Parts Management, the replication occurs as follows:
○ If this indicator is not set, the returns item is replicated in a sales order; in other words, a sales order with a corresponding returns item is automatically created. The returns item gets the same number and the same item category as the complaint transaction and the complaint item in SAP CRM.
You create a returns delivery for the returns item. When the product has been returned, create a goods receipt for the returned item. The goods receipt triggers the accounts receivable accounting and the posting to the controlling object in SAP ECC.
○ If this indicator is set, the returns item is replicated in a delivery; in other words, a delivery with a corresponding returns item is automatically created. Each delivery item gets an additional returns material authorization (RMA) number, which is created by putting together the numbers of the returns transaction and the returns item in SAP CRM.
You can find this indicator in Customizing for SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM) by choosing Customer Relationship Management ® Transactions ® Basic Settings ® Activate System Configuration for Service Parts Management.
13. System replicates substitute delivery item (SAP ECC)
After saving the complaint in SAP CRM, the substitute delivery item is replicated in a sales order item in SAP ECC for the purpose of logistics processing. The sales order item gets the same number and the same item category as the complaint transaction and the complaint item in SAP CRM. In SAP ECC, first create an outbound delivery for this item and then a goods issue.
14. System creates quality notification (SAP ECC)
A quality notification is created using replication in SAP ECC. The SAP CRM complaint is visible in the document flow of the quality notification.
15. System creates and assigns appropriate controlling object (SAP ECC)
The goods issue triggers the accounts receivable accounting and the posting to the controlling object.